Make sure your linker is set to strip unused references when statically
linking.

I'm not sure how this is done on iOS, it's a default on Windows.

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 6:34 AM, Liu Xiao <skyl...@126.com> wrote:

> Dear robert,
>
> Thanks for you quick reply! On iOS platform the osg libs are all static,
> and I have tried to use only the libs I need, and now I only use the
> following libs:
>
> libOpenThreads.a
> libosg.a
> libosgAnimation.a
> libosgdb_osg.a
> libosgdb_serializers_osg.a
> libosgdb_serializers_osganimation.a
> libosgDB.a
> libosgGA.a
> libosgUtil.a
> libosgViewer.a
>
> I cannot ignore any of them, even some I do not need.
>

> robertosfield wrote:
> > Hi Liu,
> >

> > Changes to OSG svn/trunk have made the core a little smaller but just by
> a couple of %.
> >

> > The only other thing you could try would be to statically link your
> application and just link the components you really need.
> >
> > Robert.
> >

> > On 9 February 2015 at 12:39, Liu Xiao < ()> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I currently work on play skeletal animation on iOS. The version of OSG
> is 3.2.1. It works well but the app is over 3MB. That's too large for an
> application on mobile devices, because I only use it for play animation of
> osgb formats. Nothing else is needed.
> > >
> > > I hope to make it as smaller as possible, like under 1MB. Is there any
> idea?
> > >
> > > Thank you!
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Liu
> > >
> > > ------------------
> > > Read this topic online here:
> > > http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=62654#62654 (
> http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=62654#62654)

> )
> > >

> >  ------------------
> > Post generated by Mail2Forum
>

> ------------------
> Read this topic online here:
> http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=62657#62657

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. xe...@alphapixel.com
http://www.alphapixel.com/
Training • Consulting • Contracting
3D • Scene Graphs (Open Scene Graph/OSG) • OpenGL 2 • OpenGL 3 • OpenGL 4 •
GLSL • OpenGL ES 1 • OpenGL ES 2 • OpenCL
Digital Imaging • GIS • GPS • osgEarth • Terrain • Telemetry • Cryptography
• Digital Audio • LIDAR • Kinect • Embedded • Mobile • iPhone/iPad/iOS •
Android
@alphapixel <https://twitter.com/alphapixel> facebook.com/alphapixel (775)
623-PIXL [7495]