Hi Sebastian,

On 17 February 2015 at 16:33, Sebastian Messerschmidt <
sebastian.messerschm...@gmx.de> wrote:

> It seems to act differently :-(.

It could be you've hit upon and bug, or perhaps just a mis-understanding of
how things are meant to behave.  I'd suspect the first possibility given
how new the functionality is.

Any chance you could reproduce the problem by modifying the
osgshadercomposition example in svn/trunk?

> The difference my case is the fact, that the element is added at some
> point in time. I expect this is after all previous used combinations have
> been built.
> Any idea where I could set a breakpoint to see if a new combination is
> created when I add the new define?

The work for tracking defines happens in
osg::State::pushDefineList/popDefineList and selecting program and shader
objects happen in Program header & .cpp and Shader header & .cpp
respectively.

In osg::State you'll find the following methods that can be called to check
the current state of defines, you'd need to call this between the push/pop
of the DefineList.

        std::string getDefineString(const osg::ShaderDefines&
shaderDefines);
        bool supportsShaderRequirements(const osg::ShaderDefines&
shaderRequirements);
        bool supportsShaderRequirement(const std::string&
shaderRequirement);