Hi,

I am trying to implement a KyeboardManipulator for translating, scaling and
rotating 3D models via keyboard, similar to the TrackballManipulator. I am
surprised that osg does not have this already.

I wrote a keyboard manipulator class to at least zoom in and zoom out and
translate the model. However I am having a hard time getting it to work with
the Trackball Manipulator. Once I update the view matrix via keyboard, the
TrackballManipulator does not resume from there. Obviously, unless told, it has
no way of figuring this out by itself. So I tried to find some function which
will cause the TrackballManipulator to update its state based upon the current
view matrix. But I couldn't find any function which does this. setByMatrix does
not seem to work the way I expected. The TrackballManipulator goes bonkers once
I update model via keyboard and use setByMatrix. It does not allow the model to
be rotated properly afterwards. Somehow the rotation axis changes and a small
mouse movement causes it to pan the model rather than rotate it.

Once I manipulate model via keyboard, what steps are needed for me to update
the TrackballManipulator to continue from there instead of resetting the model
position.?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Aviral Goel