Hi Curtis,

On 4 May 2015 at 14:32, Curtis Rubel <cru...@compro.net> wrote:
> I would like to revisit this topic again as I see that even in the current
> trunk(3.3.8) as of this date May 04, 2015, the linux platform is still
> crippled inside of Openthreads/PThread API, from running priority/real-time
> scheduling policies.
>
> I will like to open a discussion about removing the code that is currently
> crippling the Linux platform as I do not see any reason at this date time to
> leave it this way.  When properly used, as on any other platform,  the
> currently crippled threading policies work properly on the Linux platform.

I have just gone on the forum to try and an piece together what you
might be talking about, but there isn't enough of trail for me to
clearly know what code is at issue.

Could you please create a small example that illustrates the problem,
and a clear explanation of what you think needs changing. For the
OSG-3.4 release the most important thing for me is making sure the
software build across a full range of linux variants and works
stabling.  I'm happy for the OSG to go to OSG-3.4 as is, so any
additionally changes have to be low risk on build and runtime
stability.

As a general note, calling things crippled won't change how I view the
issue. Many people use the OSG fully threaded under Linux without
problems and have done so for years, having some niche feature not
work exactly how you expect it for your specific build combination
isn't crippled.  If there is a bug and it can be reproduce, fixed in a
way that doesn't risk build and runtime stability I'll be happy, you
don't need the hyperbole.