Hi all!

I am finishing up some work which involves modifying nodes as they are
loaded via the database pager - I want to edit the data after it is loaded,
but before it is added to the scenegraph. I also need to know the
destination (future parent) node in the scenegraph where the edited node
will be located.

It looks to me like a suitable location for this work is pretty much in the
middle of DatabaseThread::run - after the node is loaded via readNode (),
but before it is added to the file cache. All the data I need appears to be
held in the DatabaseRequest object.

Is there another (simpler?) way of inserting my code into the loading
process?

If the middle of the run method is the best location, would a patch to
allow a optional callback function to be called be considered?

best wishes

Mike