Hi All,

I've gone through the process of striping the osgQt repository from osg
only related files in it's history. This means rewriting commits and
removing unnecessary files from each commit. This is a long process.

I've added a commit removing non osgQt related examples.
I then listed all the files present in the repository giving me listing A.
I did a listing B of all files before Robert's removal of osg only files.
I kept only the files given by B - A in listing C.

I then issued a git command :
git filter-branch --index-filter 'git rm --cached --ignore-unmatch [files
in C]' HEAD

It was a long process : 3615 seconds (an hour) and even thought it seems
that the size of the repository hasn't gained any weight, there is no signs
of those listing C files.

The result is there
https://github.com/marache/osgQt

The main issue is that we now have 14240 different commits than the 14240
commit of osg. So there is no easy turning back into osg.
The size of a newly clone repository isn't smaller than Robert's original
one.

We could remove history altogether and use git replace to start history
sooner than Dan's original commit

Any thoughts ?
--
nǝıɥʇɐƜ