Hi Werner,

Hi all,

I recently discovered a strange case in creation of a Uniform:

farRadiusRescaleUniform=newosg::Uniform("farRadiusRescale",2.0f);

The only constructor I could find is like that:

Uniform(Typetype,conststd::string&name,intnumElements=1);

The wrong construction sometimes leads to unexpected results.
Why is the compiler not reclaming about this mismatch in parameters?

This is called implicit conversion and is totally legal.
In order to make to compiler avoid implicit conversion it can be tagged as explicit. As i've tumbled over this one more than once it might acutally be a good idea to change the uniform constructors which take only the name and "numElements".

@Robert:
Any insights?

Cheers
Sebastian