On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 at 11:19, michael kapelko <korn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. Who's the audience of the change? (i.e. should I care?)

With my focus on new feature dev to the VSG project for the next year
the next major OSG release (4.0) is pushed a bit further out, so
availability of new features that are in master in a stble release
will take longer, so if there are features in master that can be
pulled into the 3.6 branch without affect the public API and without
risking stability then I'm open to do this.

The glTexStorage functionality is a possible candidate for this as it
only changes the implementation, it doesn't affect the API. However,
the "risking stability" is an open question, this can only be properly
answered by wider testing in the community.