You could obfuscate and minify your shader:

https://github.com/laurentlb/Shader_Minifier

Or hire a demoscene person to mangle it. ;)

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 11:43 AM Werner Modenbach <tex...@modenbach-ac.de>
wrote:

> Hi Michael and all other people responding to my request,
>
> first of all thank you very much!
>
> @Michael: What you suggest is something like asking Zuckerberg to
> publish his algorithms.
>                 And belief me, Chinese don't care at all about patents
> or other rules we usually accept here.
>
> I'm really surprised that there is no real solution for my problem.
> Since OpenGL 4 all developers are advised to create their own shaders.
> And once you get familiar
> with that you quickly discover the potential of it. A good portion of
> your know how gets transferred to shaders.
> This should be a common problem in the commercial field. And no solution
> from NVIDIA etc. ?
>
> @Robert: Thanks for pointing me to SPIR-V. I'll have a look at it.
> Anyway better than pure source code.
>                 Unfortunately not natively supported by OSG.
>
> Hiding shader source code inside an executable is not that problem
> because all our executables are encrypted.
> And memory spy during runtime is detected already.
> The problem here is the driver api.
>
> @Damian: Do you have any links for detecting OpenGL/GPU debuggers?
>
> Many, many thanks to everybody.
>
> - Werner -
>
> Am 31.01.2019 um 10:29 schrieb michael kapelko:
> > Hi.
> >
> > You may have a look at the problem from a different angle. If someone
> > is stealing from you that means they need it. If you cannot stop it
> > (or it costs much more than simply let them have it), then you should
> > lead it. Instead of hiding your great shaders you can publish them
> > yourself (don't forget to add some notes about your company in the
> > comments)! This would be the marketing way of handling the problem.
> >
> > On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 at 12:17, Damian Dixon <damian.di...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I don't know what the OSG solution to this would be.
> >>
> >> You could obfuscate the shader code. Though to be honest this would
> only slow someone down not stop them from obtaining the shader source.
> >>
> >> In addition to obfusication put the shader source into the DLL/exe and
> potentially hide the strings by a simple rotation or masking of the data.
> >>
> >> You could add additional logic to detect OpenGL/GPU debuggers and/or
> check the OpenGL shared library is loaded from sensible locations.
> >>
> >> The other options would be to look at the following in OpenGL. I've not
> used either of them so they may not work particularly well.
> >>
> >> https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenGL/extensions/ARB/ARB_gl_spirv.txt
> (OpenGL 4.6)
> >>
> https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenGL-Refpages/gl4/html/glShaderBinary.xhtml
> (OpenGL 4.1)
> >>
> >> You may find that the SPIRV extension is not widely supported yet on
> all GPUs and drivers (mesa support is not yet there) that your customers
> are using. SPIRV modules are an intermediate compiled representation of the
> shaders so someone with a lot of time could reverse engineer.

> [...]

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. xe...@alphapixel.com
http://www.alphapixel.com/
Training • Consulting • Contracting
3D • Scene Graphs (Open Scene Graph/OSG) • OpenGL 2 • OpenGL 3 • OpenGL 4 •
GLSL • OpenGL ES 1 • OpenGL ES 2 • OpenCL
Legal/IP • Forensics • Imaging • UAVs • GIS • GPS •
osgEarth • Terrain • Telemetry • Cryptography • LIDAR • Embedded • Mobile •
iPhone/iPad/iOS • Android
@alphapixel <https://twitter.com/alphapixel> facebook.com/alphapixel (775)
623-PIXL [7495]