Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply.  I take it that quad intersection is the right approach
for this problem.
So follow-up question: what would be a good way to improve efficiency?  I know
exactly which quad to intersect, but don't want intersection to test against
all the other zillions of geodes in the scene.  It looks like the same node
mask trick can be used with the intersection visitor, so hopefully I can use
another node bit for that - although it looks like I have to turn off that bit
in all except the node path from camera to quad.

Cheers,
Steve