Hi Martin,

The osg::Node's have releaseGLObjects() that help disconnect the GLObjects
from the scene graph, these get put in several backend containers for the
GLObjects, that get cleaned up by a call to osg::flushAllDeletedGLObjects.
The standard viewer should be doing all this for you, but in your case
you'll be using a non standard route thanks to the constraints of Android
windowing.  I'm not the author of the the Android windowing example so
can't comment on the specifics.  I guess there is chance there is an error
at the viewer level somewhere.

As general comment, the VSG project is probably a better fit for Android
than the OSG, thanks to both the Vulkan and the lightweight
design/implementation of the VSG.   Under Vulkan you create most graphics
objects tied to the Vulkan Instance, when a window is resized or
closed/opened you have to recreate the window related objects, but other
objects can be shared.  This recreation of objects happens for all
platforms so it's not a Android special issue like it is for OpenGL, so
it's more likely we'll be able to spot issues and debug them prior to a
port to Android.

The VSG still early it's life though, so feature wise it's a long way
behind the OSG right now.  It's still a moving target too, but if you don't
need a wide range of OSG features then you might be able to get by with the
VSG.