I'm implementing an OSG loader for my company's proprietary database
format, and this is going to require passing information from an
existing Node to the loader (for example, when loading a new database
page, the loader needs to know which color table to use for coloring
polygons). I would really like to avoid storing persistent data in the
loader, so the loader can be reentrant.

It looks like the only way to pass information through the DatabasePager
so the loader gets it, though, is the singleton Registry's Options?
DatabasePager doesn't seem to provide a way to associate an Options
object (or user data, etc.) with a particular request, so I'm stuck with
translating the data into a string and storing it in the Registry's
Options for the loader to parse.

Of course, I could implement my own DatabasePager to do what I want, but
I'd prefer to use the standard implementation where possible.

Am I missing something?

--
Bryan Thrall
FlightSafety International