Hi Mike,

I think the problem is the choice of the vector used to calculate the
azimuth/heading. The switchover at 90 and -90 roll indicates that a
vector to the side of the object is used and not to its front. If a
vector to the front is used, the switch should occur at pitch 90 and -90.

try
double azim = atan2(localToFrame(1,0),localToFrame(1,2));

as an example

cheers
jp

Mike Illuzzi wrote:
> I tried the latest nightly build marked 7-31-06 but it doesn’t appear to
> fix the problem.
>

> In my application I’m actually using the transform matrix
> directly…grabbing the forward vector and taking the atan2(x,y).  I tried
> shoving the matrix into a quat and then pulling the yaw out from there
> via atan2(2*(x*y + w*z), w*w + x*x - y*y - z*z) and I get the same
> results.  The fact that I can replicate this behavior in the
> NodeTrackerManipulator indicates to me that it isn’t specific to my
> application.
>

> Perhaps is there a valid reason for why a 90 degree roll would cause the
> forward vector in the matrix to change?

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

and is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their
support.