Hi Nop,

Thanks for your troubleshooting and explanation of Blender-export's strange
ways.  You have greatly enlightened me, there is just one small point to
clarify from below.

It is definitely a bug that the pole object is written with
Texture2D{file"stop128.png"} when it has no texture (even with spurious
TexCoords).  You are right that Blender is holding onto the TexCoords, and
that confuses the exporter.  But even more than holding onto the TexCoords,
it was holding onto a texture that had been removed!

To summarize, if you add a texture with "method C" (steps leading to Open in
the UV Editor), you cannot remove it by Deleting it from the UV Editor (as
one might logically conclude).  Instead, you've got to hunt down and remove
those TexCoords as you indicate, both to get rid of them, and the previous
texture.

Thanks,
Ben