The other option is to use a NodeVisitor to accumulate a list of
pointers to all the osg::Geometry drawables in the scenegraph that you get
from loading a .osg file.  Take a look at 'FindNamedNodeVisitor' in
examples/osgsimulation/osgsimulation.cpp for an example of a simple node
visitor class.

Don

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Don Burns wrote:

> osg::Geometry is _not_ an osg::Node, it is an osg::Drawable.
geode->getDrawable(<index>) will return a Drawable, which should be
dynamic_cast to an osg::Geometry.

-don

On 8/21/06, Jeff Kershner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  If I know that an osg::Node* that is a loaded object (*.osg) is valid,
> how can I cast that pointer to a osg::Geometry* safely?

---
In October 1997, three computer lab staffers
disappeared from the server room while debugging
a mysterious router problem.

One year later, their packet logs were found...

          The Blair Switch Project