thanks a lot

On 9/15/06, Robert Osfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Elekis,

On 9/15/06, elekis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi all,
> I need a little help to understand osg and other thing who turn
> around(it's for a student work)
>
> 1) Studiing osg, I fallen on Colosseum3D. What's the link with osg ??
> is it the same thing? must I use colo instead osg ???

Colosseum3D is a VR framework built ontop of the OpenSceneGraph and a number
of other open source and closed source toolkits.

Delta3D is another open source framework/engine that similiarily sits upon
OpenSceneGraph for graphics, and then other open source toolkits for other
features.

There other frameworks/engines too that sit ontop of OpenSceneGraph, as to
what to use its all down to the type of app you are planning to develop.

> 2) I have to use physic law like gravitation, repulstion force and
> spring force(hook's law).
> reading the doc , I found more than one physic interface. ODE,
> osgVortex, and Vortex. what's the big deal?? If I all understood , ODE
> is openSource but instable and very difficult to use.
> Vortex is complex and non-free and osg vortex is an interface for
> Vortex?? is that true??

osgVortex integrates OSG and Vortex, Vortex is developed as closed source by
CMLabs so you'll have to purchase a license.  It is well recongised as one
of the best physics engines in the business.

> 3) is exist a save format file in osg , I mean If I have a world
> (creating dinamicly for exemple) is it possible to save him.
> automaticly ??
>
> 4) what is osv format file. if I understood it's a vortex format but...

Can't comment on this, I'm not familiar at the code/usage level of
Colossem3D.

> 5)about animation , what osg can do , is there a key-frame system, md5
> or other thing.

There are the osgCal, Replicant and osgCharacter projects sitting on the
community section of the website.

> 6) is there a posibility to export animation as avi file or other
> stuff like that??

?  avi is for video is it not.