Hm... lets not kid ourselves.  There are different layers of abstraction
here and when I navigate "Frameworks" I see directory structures that
include subdirectories named Resources and Headers.  In some "Frameworks" I
find files of type "Mach-O dynamically linked shared library (i386 or
ppc)".  However, for now, I'm going to assume that the XCode build system
creates these and they aren't populated by your script.  The script simply
moves the entire .framework subdirectory from its build location to is place
in the PackageDir.

Yes, there are different layers of abstraction, but my advice to you
is 'keep out'. For your purposes, the framework should be treated as a
black box/solid opaque object (as it is mostly intended to be
treated). Coding to the internal substructure will most likely cause
breakage at some point down the road. For example, if you look in our
framework, there are no files with the .dylib extension. Yes, you will
find a Mach-o dynamic library inside, but you're not going to see
.dylib anywhere. Furthermore, if I or somebody else decides to
implement build variants (debug, release, profile, etc),  there will
be multiple dynamic libraries inside the package. Or if we implement
versioning, some of the directory names could be different and there
will be multiple versions of dynamic libraries and multiple versions
of headers. All of these features will break your 1-to-1 mapping on
your table and will also break the framework if you don't preserve
everything. So treat it as a single object.

So, what does the development environment directory structure (containing
the target builds) look like just before your script is run which copies
files to the distribution locations?

-don

So currently, I track default Xcode 2.1+ behavior, where it dumps
everything into a new directory Xcode makes called
'build/$(CONFIGURATION)' in the same directory as the Xcode projects,
where I assume the Build configuration name is called "Deployment".
However, this breaks down with Xcode features like shared build
directories or if somebody renames or uses a different configuration
name, so I've been considering moving the stand-alone shell script
inside Xcode so I can reference variables like $CONFIGURATION (and
other info that tells me where everything is) directly instead of
assuming. (I just sent Sam some changes for SDL that do this :))

-Eric