Even if its a RenderSurface::setAutoRepeatMode() (which is easy?)

If so, I can send you one tomorrow (its late here now)

/Anders

On 11/14/06, Don Burns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sorry, guys, my windows machine decided to take a dump today.
Interestingly, the disk is fine as the other partition happily boots Linux.
I tried to follow Microsoft's brilliant recovery procedures only to find
myself in a repetitive loop of non-productive reboots.

 So, this will either need to wait until I can allocate the time to arm
wrestle with Redmond, or someone submits a fix.  I'll be happy to fold in a
submitted fix.

 -don

On 11/14/06, Anders Backman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Great, I didnt want to mess up the relationships between
> KeyboardMouse/RenderSurface, so, for me a quick solution would work
> just fine, even if it comes down to renderSurface->setAutoRepeat()
>

> /Anders
>

> On 11/13/06, Don Burns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > At this point, we can hack in a fix to RenderSurface with an API to
control
> > key repeats.  Going forward, things will be refactored significantly,
and
> > I'd like to think about this a bit further.  It really doesn't fit the
scope
> > of RenderSurface to be controlling things like KeyRepeat events, etc, so
in
> > the future it will probably move somewhere else.
> >
> > But lets get it in there for now.  I'll have a look see.  I'm trying to
> > catch up on a bit of a back log of other items right now.
> >
> > -don
> >

> > On 11/13/06, Anders Backman < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Mm, it SOUNDS good.
> > > IF you check the value, its actually 1 most of the times.
> > >
> > > I added the code into RenderSurface_Win32.cpp
> > >
> > > case WM_KEYDOWN:
> > >         {
> > >             int mask = 15;
> > >             int repeat = lParam&mask;
> > >             std::cerr << "Repeat: " << repeat << std::endl;
> > >

> > > When running a producer based app while pressing a key down, I get:
> > >
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 2
> > > Repeat: 2
> > > Repeat: 2
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > > Repeat: 1
> > >
> > > So it looks like the repeat info we get is something else, anyway, its
> > > nothing that helps here.
> > >
> > > On the other hand, its actually bit 30 that is interesting, it
> > > specifies wether the key comes from a up or a down state previously.
> > > So in a perfect world we could do:
> > >
> > > if (!getAutoRepeatMode() && (lParam & (1 << 30)))
> > >   break;
> > >
> > > The problem is that this code is in RenderSurface, and it knows
> > > nothing about KeyboardMouse...
> > >
> > > So Don, what can be done about it?
> > >
> > > (sorry, I should have posted this on the Producer mailing-list, but
> > > its a 3, closing into 4 year old OSG-topic, so I thought it should get
> [...]
producer/osgProducer

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/userinput/keyboardinput/keyboardinputreference/keyboardinputmessages/wm_char.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/userinput/keyboardinput/keyboardinputreference/keyboardinputmessages/wm_char.asp

> > event. I expect the
> > internal AutoRepeat

> > it.

> > logrus
> > programs,
> > and sound,
Mover,
> > Rush.
> > > >

> > > --

> > > Anders Backman               Email:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > HPC2N/VRlab                  Phone:    +46 (0)90-786
9936
> > > Umea university              Cellular: +46 (0)70-392
64

http://www.cs.umu.se/~andersb