Robert,

Thanks for the explanation. It's now clear to me!

Paul

On 6-Dec-06, at 3:02 PM, Robert Osfield wrote:

Hi Paul,

Luigi's right: when "offset" is forced to be 0, textures are applying
OK.

I don't quite understand everything going in DataSet.cpp, but I do
know that these calculated offset are in *degrees*, a unit I rarely
seen in the datasets I'm used to. As to why "d_bb.xMin()" can be
smaller than "s_bb.xMin()", that doesn't seem to have nothing to do
with the data I pipe everyday to osgdem.

When osgTerrain generates geocentric databases it has to ensure that
all data is in degrees before it can map to the final geocentric
(earth center eath fixed) coordinate system.  Even if you source data
isn't in degrees osgTerrain will automatically do the conversion for
you to ensure everything works sweetly.

If you arn't working in geocentric coords then osgTerrain will either
maintain the original coordinate system used (if all sources are the
same) or to the user specified coordinate frame.