Ullrich Hertlein:
 > Specifying vertex attribs is similar to specifying
vertex,normal,color,sec-color etc. i.e. you can specify vertex using either glVertex/glVertexArray/etc. or by specifying vertex attrib 0.

If you're specifying vertex attrib 3 I believe you're actually passing the secondary color.

(I don't have the Orange Book available but AFAIR 0=vertex, 1=normal, 2=color, 3=secondary-color, 4+n=texcoord0+n)
I think this is valid only for vertex attribute 0 (it is bound to gl_Vertex in glsl) but other attributes are independent. I will look at orange book again to be sure.

Even if it is like you think it is strange that the behaviour changes with display lists. I'd expect the same rendering from both files.

 Ole-Morten Duesund:
> Looks right in the CVS version in Ubuntu, both .osg files give me a
> red rectangle composed of a bunch of triangles.

I've tried to see whether CVS version changes anything here. I couldn't get it run though. It says:

Error: Not able to create requested visual.
  GraphicsWindow has not been created successfully.
Viewer::realize() - failed to set up any windows

Btw. the geometry is more like a rectangle which consists of a bunch of triangles. Was it a typo or do you really see a triangle?

Thanks,
Tugkan