So splitting each quad in the quad strip down to single primitives/Quads
and creating a normal pr. vertex would be faster even though it creates
more data?

Werner.

Werner Lindgård, Programmerer
Telephone   +47 67 81 70 00
Direct line     +47 67 81 70 68
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

ViaNova Systems AS
Leif Tronstads Plass 4, P.O.Box 434
N-1302 Sandvika, Norway

http://www.vianova.no
http://www.novapoint.com

             "Robert Osfield"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             mail.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  "osg users"
             osg-users-bounces         <osg-users@openscenegraph.net>
             @openscenegraph.n                                          cc
             et
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [osg-users] BIND_PR_PRIMITIVE
             08.02.2007 12:01          question

             Please respond to
                 osg users
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
               enegraph.net>

Hi Werner,

BIND_PER_PRIMITIVE will require a normal per quad, even when its in a
strip.

BIND_PER_PRIMITIVE_SET will require a norm pwer primitive set.

BIND_PER_PRIMITIVE will force the OSG down on to OpenGL slow paths as
non of the fast paths support this type of usage so I wouldn't
recommend going this route.

> Hello.
>
> Recently we have tried to make a few very simplified houses in our
> application.
> In order to create the houses we used QUAD_STRIPS for the walls.
> Normals are created for the walls and point out of the house.
>
> The problem we see is that when creating the normals, only the first one
is
> used. Do we understand the system correctly that when the
BIND_PR_PRIMITIVE