hm, ok, thank you Robert.. but that leads me to another problem:

When I try to link ANY osg-Application against libosgViewer (and that's
where StatsHandler is located, isn't it?) the program hangs at start. I
can't even produce any output with printf() as the first command in main().
The applicattion simply doesn't start. (I think thats a problem with
conflicting libraries.)
This ist - as I can see - true for every application linked against
libosgViewer even for the OpenSceneGraph/examples.

System is:
Gentoo Linux 2.6.16, Xorg 7.1
AMD64 (running in 32 bit mode)
nVidia 6800
OpenSceneGraph-1.2 CVS version (updated every now and then)

I link following libraries against my app:
QtCore
QtOpenGL
osg
osgGA
osgProducer
osgViewer

does anyone experience similar problems with osgViewer?
thx
Frans