Hi Martin,

On 2/15/07, Martin Spott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Robert Osfield" wrote:

> Work on setting up the new OpenSceneGraph server is underway, one of
> the items on the list for migration is migrating from CVS to SVN.
> Before we do this migration I would like to make sure that we leave
> the CVS versions in a good state i.e. compiling on all the major
> platforms.

OSG compiles fine on FreeBSD here but FlightGear, linked against OSG,
currently crashes on startup actually in the moment when the OpenGL
rendered stuff should appear. This occurs since you've been starting
the overhaul of the threading models.

This should serve just as a note to prevent you from setting the
threading stuff into stone  ;-)  I'll try to run FlightGear in the
debugger in order to find out more,

What viewer codes does FlightGear currently use?

Its its osgViewer then try forcing SingleThreaded via:

 export OSG_THREADING=SingleThreaded

The run flight gear.  If this changes things then it might simply be
that parts of the scene are set up as STATIC where the data is
updating per frame.