Brian-

Thanks for the reply. The code that you provided was exactly what was in
there before I started this mess. I even copied yours in there and it still
fails. So, I guess that tells me that it is somewhere else. I just installes
Cygwin fresh on this computer, just for this exercise, so maybe a package
(such as math) has been updated and no longer works. I guess I have to play
with that concept for a while.

Thanks so much. I'm always open to new ideas.

Bill