HI Alan,

osgTerrain itself isn't being renamed, its the terrain building
classes and osgdem which will be moving out into their own project, to
its a new name.

On 2/22/07, Alan Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Robert

New name? I prefer osgPlanet of those suggested. However, could lighten
up with:

osgPlanet is taken already :-)

osg42 or osgFortyTwo for ThoseThatPreferLongNames - I am an orphan of
MS-DOS (and originally CP/M) and love short cryptic names.

On the planet / world etc theme other possibilities come to mind:

osgUniverse
osgGalaxy
osgConstellation
osgOrion                    or other star / constellation
osgAndomeda           "     "          "                "

Scientist links:

osgCopernicus
osgGalileo
osgNewton....

While there is certainly scope for developing NodeKits like the above
the project in question will be about building terrain including whole
planets, it won't be about rendering them or providing extensions to
the scene graph to support them.