Hi Tugkan,

On 2/23/07, Tugkan Calapoglu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This was a step in the correct direction I think. Adding
osg::Referenced::setThreadSafeReferenceCounting(true); solved the
problem. I removed all setThreadSafeRefUnref()'s and it was still ok.
Maybe setThreadSafeReferenceCounting should be automatically enabled
depending on the threading mode.

This is what osgProducer does, but this requires the user to constuct
the viewer and the threading model before loading the scene graph.
For osgViewer I have tried to do the setting when required and allow
construction order of viewer/scene graph to be interchangable.

What we are missing is is a setThreadSafeRefUnRef on the objects that
are being a problem, we just need to isolate which objects they are.

However, now I observe a crash when I cycle through the modes with 'm'
and come back to DrawThreadPerContext mode. Application starts with
default threading mode then I set to SingleThreaded in code and then in
runtime I go to DrawThreadPerContext again. You can find the stack trace
and the code I used as attachment.

The stack trace is again associated with StateSet's so it sounds like
we have the same issue just appearing in different places.

I'll download load your latest modified osgviewer to see if I can
recreate the same errors, if I can then tracking down and fix the
problem will become a lot easier.