Hi,

I think its prob better to leave the external as it is now.

https stuff below

Martin Spott wrote:
> "Robert Osfield" wrote:
>
>> Would there be any problem with everybody checking the svn:external
>> OpenThreads out as https?  If not I can change it to this.
>
> Well, I _do_ see a problem here. I've been trying to pull with https
> from three different machines at three different locations using three
> different OS flavours (SuSE 7.3, Debian Sarge, Sun Solaris10) and I
> didn't get a single working checkout of:
>
>   https://www.openscenegraph.com/svn/osg/OpenThreads/trunk/ OpenThreads
>
> I two of three cases (the Linux boxes) I didn't even get the idea of a
> connect. So I don't think that forcing the use of https is a really
> good idea. Is it really just about this external reference ?
>
>       Martin.

I've tried two versions of svn on Debian sarge and sid, they both work.
svn --version output at the end of the mail.

I get a prompt about the certificate like so:
--8<--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/tmp$ svn co
https://www.openscenegraph.com/svn/osg/OpenThreads/trunk/ OpenThreads

Error validating server certificate for
'https://www.openscenegraph.com:443':
 - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
   fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
 - The certificate hostname does not match.
 - The certificate has expired.
Certificate information:
 - Hostname: murray.ai2.upv.es
 - Valid: from Feb 10 09:13:19 2007 GMT until Mar 12 09:13:19 2007 GMT
 - Issuer: AI2, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Valencia, Valencia, ES
 - Fingerprint: 6d:b1:05:1a:7a:78:4c:0f:84:59:46:ba:02:d5:af:2c:77:0c:11:ee
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently?
--8<--

I press t and then it checks out normally.

version info:

--8<--

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/tmp$ svn --version svn, version 1.1.4 (r13838)
   compiled May 13 2005, 06:29:47

Copyright (C) 2000-2004 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet
(http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol.
  - handles 'http' schema
  - handles 'https' schema
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' schema
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - handles 'svn' schema

--8<--

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ svn --version
svn, version 1.4.2 (r22196)
   compiled Nov 10 2006, 17:39:50

Copyright (C) 2000-2006 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet
(http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

and is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their
support.