Hello Jan,

That looks as if the alias for wrl extension was not registered properly
  in osgDB/Registry.cpp :( However, registry doesn't make a difference
between debug and release version, AFAIK? I will check the source,
perhaps there is something windows-specific in osgDB that I have missed :(

Let me know what you find out.

Hmm, that looks like a bug - I am not sure whether the VRML plugin uses
the OSG_FILE_PATH properly, probably not :( Well, another point to my
TODO list :)

If I specify the direct path (in my case, G:\OpenSceneGraph-Data\sample.wrl) to osgviewerd, the same thing happens.

To break it down:

osgviewer sample.wrl  -- works if sample.wrl is in the current directory
osgviewer sample.wrl  -- does not work if sample.wrl is not in the current
                         directory (but is in a directory pointed to by
                         OSG_FILE_PATH)
osgviewer %OSG_FILE_PATH%\sample.wrl  -- does not work, same output as above.

dir %OSG_FILE_PATH%\sample.wrl
[...]
07-07-06  13:10           159,440 sample.wrl
               1 File(s)        159,440 bytes
               0 Dir(s)   6,898,192,384 bytes free

This really has me puzzled, as

osgviewer cow.osg
and
osgviewer %OSG_FILE_PATH%\cow.osg

both work as expected.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                        http://whitestar02.webhop.org/