On 7/11/07, Riepl, David M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
But isn't the reprojection already done?  Since I already have
reprojected the imagery before I ever run osgdem?  I am not specifying a
coordinate system projection in my osgdem command too, because that
would be twice.

If osgdem doesn't need to reproject then it won't reproject, but... it
might need to if the coordinate system still doesn't match the
destination coordinate system.  If it needs to reproject then you'll
see temporary_* files written to disk.

Do you just mean resampling is done for each LOD of osgdem?

No. Sample done by GDAL when you read pixels from it.

What is the default resampling method (thru gdal) of osgdem?

It depends upon the particular GDAL API used. I haven't looked at
relevant code for a few years, but in the point that might be
sensitive to this problem I believe it will be nearest neighbour, but
it could easily be linear.

Are there other options for resampling available at the osgdem command
level?

No.

You possible try leaving the reprojection up to the OSG to see if that
makes any difference though, there is chance that your reprojection
introduced blurring of the edge colours.