Advice that Hamish Bowen provided a few years back, and is now included in OSGeoLive writing tips is:

https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/How%20to%20document%20a%20project

Header logo:

 * Stored

here:​https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/tree/master/doc/images/projects/<project>/
 * Filename should be "logo-<project>.png"
 * Should have a transparent background (not white)
 * Stored in size 125x125 pixels (for use in Project Overview
   andQuickStarts?)
 * For PNGs run a program like​pngcrush
   <http://packages.ubuntu.com/pngcrush>or​optipng
   <http://packages.ubuntu.com/optipng>to reduce the size of the image
   without degrading quality. For example:

optipng -o5 image.png

 * Preferably also available as SVG, stored as "logo-<project>.svg"