Hi Felicity, comments inline:

On 11/10/19 3:01 pm, Felicity Brand wrote:
Hello all,

I am about to do my proof of concept trial with 2 Quick Starts. I
thought I'd choose MapSlicer and Mapbender because both Astrid and
Angelos expressed an interest in improving the Quickstarts for their
projects :-)
Good idea to start with projects which have a volunteer. Based on that criteria, m...@activityworkshop.net has offered to help with gps_prune.

This should give me good practice to see if the GitHub process works
out, as well as creating the trac tickets.

Before I do anything, here is what I thought the trac ticket might
look like - please let me know if any of these values should be
different:

*Summary = Update the [Project Name] Quick Start
Good.
*Description = The [Project Name] Quick Start was reviewed by flicstar
as part of the Google Season of Docs in October 2019.
The high level results of this review are that:
- It has an Overview, Procedure and Things to Try section - which is good.
- It is missing the Next Steps section and requires minor updates in
the Procedure section.
Please see comments in GitHub on this PR: <Insert PR link>
Sounds good.
*Type = Task
While "task" is ok, I'd err on categorising as a "bug", especially if the docs are breaking the template structure by not aligning with best practice headings and guidelines.
*Priority = Normal
Good
*Milestone = OSGeoLive 14.0
Good
*Component = Documentation (or OSGeoLive?)
Yes, "Documentation"
*Keywords - should I add a keyword (like "documentation")?
We don't need to fill this in, but it could be handy to add "quickstart" so we can search of quickstart reviews in future.
*Will I assign it to an owner - like the contact person for the project?

We typically have not done this in the past. You likely won't know the username of 1/4 to 1/2 of the contact people. However, you could add people's email addressed to the "CC" tab. (Note, many people won't notice this auto email.)

So follow up with an email to people directly, with a personal email title, stating something like:

"I've just raised comments on the [Project] quickstart. Would you mind having a look? I'm keen to process feedback before my SeasonOfDocs stipend finishes in November. If you could provide feedback within the next week or 2, that would be great.

Thanks, Felicity, SeasonOfDocs Tech Writer for OSGeo"

Is there a bulk way to create trac tickets?
Not that I'm aware of, but I haven't looked.

Thanks
Felicity

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 6:22 PM Cameron Shorter