[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 06/25/2006 12:37:41 AM:

> Hi all,
>
>    I am having a doubt regarding the Conditional Permissions!
>
>  1. What is the set of Basic permissions assigned to a bundle at the
> time of its installation?

It is the union of all permission guarded by Conditions which evaluate to
true for the subject bundle. Note, a permission set can be added to
conditional permission admin which are not guarded. Thus, these
permissions apply to all bundles.

>  2. Is there any way to find the set of actual permissions assigned
> to the bundle or to be assigned to the bundle from the
> ConditionalPermissionAdmin? getConditionalPermissionInfos()
> enumerates the complete list. is there any way to retrieve the
> permissions related to a specific bundle?

You can call getProtectionDomain on the Class object of a class loaded
from the subject bundle. Then enumerate the permission in the protection
domain. However, the enumeration may not include permissions guarded by
mutable or postponed evalutation conditions since those conditions must be
evaluated at the time of a permission check.

>  3. What happens when a permission is set in one tuple and revoked
> in another tuple?

Permissions cannot be revoked. The Java 2 permission model really only
supports additive permissions.

>     Say for example, there is a tuple { [BundleLocationCondition
> "*mylocation*"]  (ServicePermission "....MyClass" "*") }
>       and there is also another tuple  { [BundleLocationCondition
> "*mylocation*"]  (ServicePermission "....MyClass" "GET") }
>
>      According to the first tuple, the bundles satisfying the
> locationcondition should be allowed to get and register services of
> type MyClass. But according to the second tuple, bundles satisfyingt
> he condition shouldnot be allowed to register a service of type
> MyClass. What is the actual permissions for the bundle that
> satisfies the given locationcondition in this case?

In this example, it is the union of the permissions. So it is the union of
the actions "*" and "GET" which I would assume is "*".

> Cheers
> Joe
>

> --

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office: +1 407 849 9117 Mobile: +1 386 848 3788