On Oct 17, 2006, at 15:11 , Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Now, back to Marcel's question; How does the Alliance plan to deal
> with less central specifications/standards, which the Alliance
> doesn't consider critical and would not be developed due to lack of
> "man power" and "company weight"??

At last year's OSGi developers conference, the alliance talked about
what to do for R5 and even put up the question if there should be an
R5. An opinion that was voiced there was that the OSGi users should
initiate future additions to the specification, so for me the main
question is: how open is the alliance to contributions from "outside"?

Perhaps it's a good idea for the alliance to publish a list of
domains that they are considering adding to the compendium (but
haven't yet because of lack of resources) so others can step in and
help out.

Greetings, Marcel