On 10.11.2016 10:55, Tim Ward wrote:

Insofar as I understand any of what is going on, which is not very much, this sounds plausible - there does look like a bizarre mixture of equinox and felix components (although one of my colleagues says "that's not a problem as they all just implement OSGi specs").
You typically can mix components from equinox and felix but you should never install two implementations of the same spec.

Like:
equinox event admin -> felix event admin
equinox meta type -> felix meta type
equinox coordinator -> felix coordinator

For configurer I am not sure. In karaf there is the combination of felix comfig admin and file install for this but configurer might still fit in.

I suggest that you change these bundles in the index you use to the ones that are present in karaf.

All I did was hit the "resolve" button on the debug.bndrun file. Are you suggesting I somehow persuade that button to do something different? How?
Yes. You need to provide an index that has the right bundles for the platform to deploy to. Then resolve will come up with a solution that is better for running in karaf. The pom I pointed to provides such an index. Alternatively you can add the bundles individually to your own index / repository.

You need to make sure that the implementation bundles the resolver works on are compatible to the bundles that are already present in karaf.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de