I think we were simply talking about different things.

I agree that for the traditional case of RSA you do not need many impl details. Aries RSA and CXF DOSGi can be used in this way but it covers only a small part of what people do today. When doing just transparent remoting there is also no real benefit of using JAXRS as you do not care about the actual service endpoint anyway.

The idea of the thread about RSA and JAX-RS was that you can use the existing providers CXF-DOSGi and ECF to just publish REST services. In that case you can leave out the dicsovery and the full remoting. It is not the case RSA was originally targeting but in todays environment it is a really important case.

I am pushing for using RSA for the pure REST services case as it allows people to achieve their current need (exposing a REST service) while also giving them a perspective to grow into the full remoting use case. Ideally it should be combined with the new JAXRS spec for OSGi to give people the benefits of RSA + the standardization of how to do REST.

I also think that the combination of RSA + JAX-RS + discovery could fit nicely into a heterogenous setup where maybe some services are exposed using spring boot and REST and others using OSGi + RSA + JAXRS but both can interoperate using a common discovery layer and wadl or JAX-RS interfaces for the service description.

Christian