From: "Leschke, Scott" <slesc...@medline.com>
Sent by: osgi-dev-boun...@mail.osgi.org
To: "osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org" <osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org>
Subject: [osgi-dev] Enroute
Date: Tue, Dec 6, 2016 3:29 PM

I’ve started looking at Enroute and I’m a bit confused as to how it is distinguished from some of the other profiles that exist, say Enterprise or Residential? There’s talk of tooling and naming conventions and the like but it would seem to me that bndtools is general purpose OSGi and it’s not clear from what I’ve looked at online how exactly the naming conventions (.api, .provider, etc.) are enforced and what exactly they buy you.

I have to admit I haven’t sat through a full tutorial yet because I was just kind of trying to get clarity on what exactly it is intended to buy you. I also expected to see an osgi.enroute repo in bndtools Repository view (under Bndtools Hub) but there is none so I’m not sure how to even get access to that profile.

Color me mildly confused.

Scott