I'm not a fan of tying the logging service to SLF4J. See our FAQ entry for
comparison with Log4j 2.x: <
https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/faq.html#api-tradeoffs>. Really, I
don't think OSGi should be defining a logging API, but instead should be
providing a vendor-neutral service to activate whatever backend is desired
by the user. I can't imagine that many users will switch to DS-managed
Loggers instead of obtaining them the same exact way they've always gotten
them: LoggerFactory or LogManager.

Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>