Hi Shanteshwar,

The OSGi Enterprise Specification is a book of specs aimed to be a more
enterprise-focused set of specifications, similar to how the OSGi
Residential Specification is aimed at the residential area.
The Compendium spec is generally the combination of all the specs together.
However over time these lines have blurred a little bit.

The jars that represented the API of these specification books, e.g. the
cmpn.jar were never aimed to be used at runtime, but rather as an 'Uber
Jar' to compile against.

However, since some time now, there are dedicated API Jars available for
individual OSGi specs, which are suitable for both compiling and running,
to see a selection, just search maven central:
https://search.maven.org/search?q=a:org.osgi.service.*

I would recommend using those individual API Jars instead of the
spec-book-uber jars like cmpn.jar.

Best regards,

David