An open source project for OSGi testing [1] has been working on better support for testing in OSGi environments. We are pleased to announce a first release [2]. Part of the work in this project was to help the AssertJ and JUnit 5 projects make better bundles for use in testing in OSGi environments and the latest releases of those projects are fully ready for OSGi testing. The latest Bnd has a biz.aQute.tester.junit-platform bundle which drives JUnit Platform based testing under Bnd.

The osgi-test project adds custom AssertJ assertions for some OSGi types and adds JUnit 4 Rules and JUnit 5 Extensions to make testing in OSGi easier.

I just recently integrated all of this into the OSGi Compliance Tests for the upcoming OSGi Release 8 and it works great.

Please try out the project and provide feedback and pull requests to make it better!

--

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM // office: +1 386 848 1781