dollar savings.  Better safe than sorry...

David Bier

http://www.vheadline.com/readnews.asp?id=28665

Published: Tuesday, March 29, 2005
Bylined to: Bob Chapman

Collapse of the dollar ... gold is the only real currency in the world

THE INTERNATIONAL FORECASTER editor Bob Chapman writes:  Gold is a
store of value and the only real currency in the world and it will
always be that way. It is not just another commodity.

It is much more than that. It is an island of stability and safety in
periods of financial crisis like we have today.

    * Gold and silver to a lesser degree are ideal insurance against
the ravages of fiat money.

Everyone on this planet will soon need gold as we face slowing
economic growth; rising interest rates; falling stock, bond and real
estate prices; rising oil and gas prices; ongoing war in Iraq and
Afghanistan; the possible invasion of Iran, Syria and Venezuela; a
move by China against Taiwan; the possibility of nuclear war and
terrorism; a political crisis; a collapse of the dollar or the
imposition of Martial law in the US.

Our guess is it won't be long before Russia has jettisoned most of its
remaining dollar reserves ... President Putin has been prematurely
paying off debt and not adding any new debt, plus they have been
increasing their gold position and the economy is doing decently due
to oil prices. Still, Russian exports are not competitive. Another
plus though is the lack of personal debt ... Russia is flowing arms
into the Middle East and will continue to do so.

We would expect ... if the US begins to move toward invading Syria or
Iran, that Russia, China and Venezuela would be dollar sellers.

Maybe that would tempt other Asian nations to be sellers.

No matter what, soon somewhere along the way Russia and others will
hit the dollar and the aftermath will be frightening.

THE INTERNATIONAL FORECASTER
P. O. Box 510518, Punta Gorda, FL 33951, USA
Bob Chapman [EMAIL PROTECTED]

DonorsChoose. A simple way to provide underprivileged children resources
often lacking in public schools. Fund a student project in NYC/NC today!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/EHLuJD/.WnJAA/cUmLAA/TySplB/TM