Note this terrorist is a US CITIZEN.  Infiltration of American society by
Muslims has been going on for years.

Bruce

Virginia man charged with illegally wiring millions to the Middle East
By LARA JAKES JORDAN Associated Press Writer
WASHINGTON
A Virginia man who defended small money exchange businesses in front of
Congress was indicted with illegally wiring millions of dollars to
Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, and some Middle East counties, federal
authorities said Friday.

Rahim Bariek, an Afghan native and U.S. citizen, allegedly wired without
proper licenses more than $4.9 million from Bariek Money Transfer in
Herndon, Va., according to an indictment in the U.S. district court in
Alexandria, Va.

Calls to Bariek Money Transfer were not immediately returned Friday.

Between November 2001 and August 2003, officials said, Bariek deposited
funds from worldwide customers in several bank accounts. After taking out
his fee, Bariek transferred the funds to individuals designated by his
customers in the Middle East. At least some of the money was sent to
Afghanistan while it was still under Taliban rule, authorities said.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigators seized more than
$12,700 from three bank accounts and $19,000 in cash from Bariek, the
indictment says.

Under the anti-terror USA Patriot Act, which became law a month after the
Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, money transfer businesses must be licensed with
federal and state authorities.

On Nov, 14, 2001, Bariek defended money exchange businesses, or "hawala," in
testimony before a Senate panel examining underground terrorist financing
systems. He said he started his business after unsuccessfully trying to send
money to his father-in-law in Pakistan. He told senators his money transfer
was rejected by banks that could not ensure its delivery, and a money order
he sent instead was stolen.

"I pay taxes on my hawala business, and I comply with the law," Bariek
testified. "I am happy to comply with the new federal law. ... I believe
that all legitimate hawala will be happy to comply. It is upsetting to us
that there are hawala used for illegal activity. They give all hawala a bad
name."

The case suggests Bariek "didn't take his own advice," said Allan J. Doody,
ICE Special Agent in Charge of the Washington-area bureau. "Any criminal or
terrorist can use these firms to move funds anywhere in the world with no
questions asked."

Authorities seized Bariek's passport before releasing him Friday after a
court appearance. If convicted, he faces up to five years in prison.

___

On the Net:

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement: http://www.dhs.gov
050415 214234

DonorsChoose. A simple way to provide underprivileged children resources
often lacking in public schools. Fund a student project in NYC/NC today!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/EHLuJD/.WnJAA/cUmLAA/TySplB/TM