One Reporter's Opinion - Illegal Alien Invasion Update

George Putnam

It is this reporter's opinion that the illegal alien invasion of the United
States brought to this reporter's attention 35-40 years ago has at long last
caught our nation's attention. Organizations are springing up all over the
country determined to do the job that our federal government's duly elected
public officials are refusing to do.

We know of the Herculean efforts of the Minutemen and, more recently, the
Friends of the Border Patrol. A proposed ballot measure would establish a
new state police agency, the California Border Police, that would patrol the
border and crack down on businesses that hire illegal immigrants. The agency
would be created by the California Border Police Act and is being pushed by
California State Senator Ray Haynes and Rescue California, a group
advocating tougher border enforcement.

All of these organizations and many more are performing as modern-day Paul
Reveres: "The invaders are coming!"

These past few days Congressman Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., has called for the
resignation of Michael Nicely, agent in charge of the Tucson sector of the
Border Patrol, after a dozen Border Patrol agents confirmed that he ordered
them to reduce the number of arrests of illegal aliens crossing the border.
Eight congressmen signed Tancredo's letter to Department of Homeland
Security Secretary Michael Chertoff calling for Nicely's resignation.

Ten congressmen signed a separate letter by Tancredo, which calls for the
House Judiciary Committee to initiate an investigation into the "stand down"
orders. "Any government official that seeks to thwart the law is derelict in
his duty to the American people. Mr. Nicely must take responsibility for his
actions and turn over his post to someone who is willing to enforce the
law," says Tancredo.

A dozen Border Patrol agents told the Washington Times they had been
instructed "to 'stand down' from arresting illegal aliens near where
Minutemen protesters had patrolled the border in April." The agents
understood that an increase in arrests would in fact prove the effectiveness
of extra manpower on the border and would credit the Minutemen's approach.
Several sources, including the president of the National Border Patrol
Council, have confirmed this report.

Tancredo has called for a congressional investigation into this matter. In a
post-9/11 world, it is critical that we send the message that we are serious
about border security. "A congressional investigation must get to the bottom
of such troubling and dangerous practices," says Congressman Tancredo. "If
Mr. Nicely was acting on orders from officials higher up in the border
bureaucracy, more heads should roll. Congress must exercise more active
oversight of our border security."

So, there you have it! The Minutemen, Friends of the Border Patrol, and now
a proposed new state police agency known as the California Border Police.
It's only the beginning, my friends. Patriotic citizens nationwide are
determined to bring a halt to this invasion by illegal aliens and the
violation of our nation's sovereignty.

At this moment, patriots across America are gathering in Las Vegas under the
leadership of Mark Edwards, who shouts, "It's time to wake up, America!"
Mark has long been informing Americans about the illegal alien invasion on
his "Wake Up America" radio show on KDWN, Las Vegas, Nevada. (See An
<http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/2/2/203819.shtml>  Interview
With Mark Edwards. His Web site is www.wakeupamericafoundation.com.)

Mark Edwards, as one Marine to another: "Semper Fi!" And as my friend Ezola
Foster says: "It's a sad day in America when the lawmakers side with the
lawbreakers AGAINST the law-abiding citizens."

Give underprivileged students the materials they need to learn.
Bring education to life by funding a specific classroom project.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/FHLuJD/_WnJAA/cUmLAA/TySplB/TM