http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?page=article
<http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?page=article&id=1646> &id=1646

Europe Ousts Imams

Monday, August 8, 2005
  <http://www.thetrumpet.com/images/3px.gif>

A precursor to a greater clash of civilizations

Expect a coming war between Catholicism and Islam
<http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?page=article&id=1146> . Rhetoric
emanating from both the Vatican and extremist Islamic groups has gotten hot
in light of terrorist bombings of recent weeks (as reported last week
<http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?page=article&id=1635> ).

Now, already, we see a Catholic-dominated Europe taking action against
Islam.

It appears the July 7 London bombings were a wake-up call to some powerful
politicians.

The Washington Times of August 4
<http://www.washingtontimes.com/world/20050803-115554-1814r.htm>  described
a campaign underway across Europe to expel radical Islamic clerics who
incite extremism and condone terrorism. This is a crusade, if you will, "to
root out extremist imams who help radicalize disenchanted Muslim youths and
recruit them for violent causes."

Last week in Italy, eight fundamentalist Palestinian preachers were
expelled. France deported an Algerian imam who was arrested in what was "a
preventative anti-terror operation." Another Algerian was expelled from
France for preaching inflammatory sermons, and at least eight more clerics
are expected to follow. "We will not keep people on our territory who issue
calls to hatred, to violence and to the disrespect of our democratic
values," French Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy stated.

At the same time, more stringent legislation is being passed in European
countries to make prosecution easier. Austria has passed a law allowing the
deportation of Muslims who preach sermons that are "a danger to public
security." In the Netherlands, legislation has been proposed that would
outlaw the praising of terrorism.

These moves in Europe to crack down on Muslims who preach hatred are just a
precursor of an infinitely more aggressive campaign.

The Roman Catholic Church's influence over Europe is prophesied to increase.
As it does, we can expect to see the Catholic Continent's attitude toward
radical Islam become more hardened.

Be sure to see Gerald Flurry's article "Are Two Great Religions About to
Trigger Nuclear War?" in the coming September/October Trumpet to see where
this confrontation will lead.

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hmi7s57/M=362329.6886306.7839369.3040540/D=groups/S=1705323667:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123546822/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>