The Sunday Times
November 13, 2005

Al-Qaeda calls Queen an `enemy of Islam'
ABUL TAHER

AL-QAEDA has threatened the Queen by naming her as "one of the
severest enemies of Islam" in a video message to justify the July
bombings in London. The warning has been passed by MI5 to the Queen's
protection team after it obtained the unexpurgated version of a video
issued by Al-Qaeda after the 7/7 attacks. Parts of it were broadcast
in Al-Jazeera, the Arabic satellite channel.    ...

Source:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1869849,00.html

.....   In the video, Ayman al- Zawahiri, second-in-command to Osama
Bin Laden, targets the Queen as ultimately responsible for
Britain's "crusader laws" and denounces her as an enemy of Muslims. A
senior Whitehall official said: "MI5 is aware that there are some
pieces of that video that have not been aired. They are aware of the
bit of al- Zawahiri talking about the Queen and they have notified
the relevant authorities." The Sunday Times has obtained the full 27-
minute video, which is circulating on secure jihadist websites in the
Middle East used to recruit and inflame prospective terrorists. In
Britain it has been posted by Muhammad al-Massari, the London-based
Saudi extremist, on his website Tajdeed. It also contains
inflammatory material from Mohammad Sidique Khan, ringleader of the
London bombings which killed 52 commuters. He is urging Muslims to
take part in jihad and seek martyrdom. Khan, 30, incites British
Muslims to ignore the moderate Islamic leaders who want integration
with British society. "Our so-called scholars of today," he
said, "are content with their Toyotas and semi- detached houses" in
their desire for integration. The message is believed to be the first
of its kind in which a British suicide bomber calls on fellow UK
Muslims to follow his example. The attack by al-Zawahiri prompted
intelligence officers to alert Buckingham Palace that the Queen had
become a specific target of Al-Qaeda. Her security had already been
upgraded after September 11, 2001. In the video al-Zawahiri not only
labels the Queen as one of Islam's "severest enemies" but also sends
a warning shot to British Islamic leaders who "work for the pleasure
of Elizabeth, the head of the Church of England". He said those who
followed her were saying: "We are British citizens, subject to
Britain's crusader laws, and we are proud of our submission . . . to
Elizabeth, head of the Church of England." In a possible reference to
the role of the Muslim Council of Britain, which had issued
instructions to mosques to inform on potential terrorists, he
criticised "those who issue fatwas, according to the school of
thought of the head of the Church of ngland". In the previously
unseen footage, Khan, from Dewsbury in West Yorkshire, said: "It is
very clear, brothers and sisters, that the path of jihad and the
desire for martyrdom is embedded in the holy prophet and his beloved
companions. "By preparing ourselves for this kind of work, we are
guaranteeing ourselves for paradise and gaining the pleasure of
Allah. "And by turning our back on this work, we are guaranteeing
ourselves humiliation and the anger of Allah. Jihad is an obligation
on every single one of us, men and women." Khan's message was
condemned by Sir Iqbal Sacranie, the Muslim Council's secretary-
general, as a "perverse interpretation of Islam". "The victims of
Sidique Khan were innocent people . . . It's clearly inciteful. It's
trying to incite people to commit murder," he said.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/TySplB/TM