Wonder if this will disturb Islam's leftist supporters worldwide?

Bruce

<http://hurryupharry.bloghouse.net/archives/2006/04/27/the_muslim_council_of
_britain_reverts_to_homophobia.php>
http://hurryupharry.bloghouse.net/archives/2006/04/27/the_muslim_council_of_
britain_reverts_to_homophobia.php

April 27, 2006

The Muslim Council of Britain reverts to homophobia

A couple of weeks ago, there was a piece of
<http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/politics/2005-1116.html> pleasant news about
the Muslim Council of Britain:

MCB policy advisor, Muhammed Aziz, revealed a five-year plan against
homophobia in an interview with PinkNews.co.uk last week.
"This u-turn is a positive, hopeful sign that the gay and Muslim communities
can work together to challenge the twin evils of homophobia and
Islamophobia," said Aaron Saeed, OutRage!'s Muslim Affairs spokesperson.

"The MCB's policy shift follows discreet contact by gay rights groups
OutRage! and Stonewall. It comes three months after MCB leader, Sir Iqbal
Sacranie, was heavily criticised for anti-gay remarks on the BBC's PM
programme," said Mr Saeed

It is understood that the Department of Trade & Industry (DTI) will
facilitate dialogue between the MCB and the gay community.

These are the details of the agreement that had been reached:

Mr Aziz made this commitment during round table equality talks that included
gay lobby group Stonewall. The talks were sponsored by the Equality and
Diversity Forum (EDF) of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI). Mr Aziz
is named on the forum's membership list as an MCB advisor and is described
as representing the MCB at the forum.

The EDF minutes are  <http://www.edf.org.uk/publications/MinsJan06Mtg.doc>
here.

The DTI talks resulted in outline agreement on a five-year plan for dialogue
between Muslim and gay groups and for joint action against homophobia within
the Muslim community and against Islamophobia within the gay community.

Well, it was a false dawn.

The MCB's Inayat Bunglawala has
<http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1759313,00.html> rejected
his Aziz's proposed new direction for the MCB on homophobia:

Inayat Bunglawala...insisted Aziz's views did not represent those of the
MCB. He told the Islam TV Channel: 'There is no truth in these quotes. Our
position is very clear, our Secretary General was nearly prosecuted for this
because we maintain that homosexual relationships are sinful in Islam.'

He also said: "We do not believe that it (same-sex love) is in any way equal
with marriage between man and wife. We do not accept the idea of gay
adoption; we believe it is completely wrong."

Bunglawala really is a piece of scum, isn't he?

Why do people defend him?