----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 8:28 AM
Subject: Council On American-Islamic Relations Complaining To FBI About
Blogs

http://www.hyscience.com/archives/2006/06/council_on_amer_1.php

June 25, 2006

Council On American-Islamic Relations Complaining To FBI About Blogs

Topics: Understanding
<http://www.hyscience.com/archives/understanding_islam/> Islam

We're not talking about this CAIR <http://www.meforum.org/article/916> , are
we?

"Senator Charles Schumer (Democrat, New York) describes it as an
organization "which we know has ties to terrorism."[3] Senator Dick Durbin
(Democrat, Illinois) observes that CAIR is "unusual in its extreme rhetoric
and its associations with groups that are suspect."[4] Steven Pomerantz, the
FBI's former chief of counterterrorism, notes that "CAIR, its leaders, and
its activities effectively give aid to international terrorist groups."[5]
The family of John P. O'Neill, Sr., the former FBI counterterrorism chief
who perished at the World Trade Center, named CAIR in a lawsuit as having
"been part of the criminal conspiracy of radical Islamic terrorism"[6]
responsible for the September 11 atrocities. Counterterrorism expert Steven
Emerson calls it "a radical fundamentalist front group for Hamas."[7] -
(Sources at link)

Hyscience has written about CAIR (the principle front
<http://www.meforum.org/article/108/> organization of a coalition of
Islamist groups that have taken root in America over the past two decades)
numerous times in the past, and even wrote a post entitled
<http://www.hyscience.com/archives/2004/11/lets_say_it_cai.php> , "Let's Say
It, 'CAIR is a Terrorist Front Organization,' With A Dangerous Agenda For
America," a position that we do not back away from and will never stop
making clear to everyone we can. More recently we asked (in "CAIR Teaching
Jihad In Islamic Summer Camp For
<http://www.hyscience.com/archives/2006/06/cair_teaching_j.php> Children")
how long will it take for U.S. authorities, as well as the general public,
to learn what we already know - that allowing Islamist organizations to
continue to propagate in America is a sure pathway to our downfall? There is
no legitimate, redeeming purpose for CAIR. It exists only to perpetuate its
anti-American Islamist agenda. We should tolerate CAIR no more than the KKK,
its white supremacist analog.

Now comes this report of absolute stupidity on the part of the FBI, from
Little Green Footballs
<http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=21205_CAIR_Complaining_to_FBI
_About_Blogs&only> :

The Council on American-Islamic Relations has begun filing complaints with
the FBI about comments on this blog and others (not front page posts). I
know this because I've spoken with two different agents recently about LGF
comments that were reported to the FBI by CAIR.

Just thought you might like to know too. The premier Islamist front group is
starting to go after the blogosphere, using the tools provided by our own
society.

CAIR, by the way, is being bankrolled by the United Arab Emirates: The
CAIR-U.A.E. Connection
<http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=22983> .

An Arab nation with ties to 9-11 has pledged a major endowment to the
Council on American-Islamic Relations, even as the Washington-based
nonprofit group insists it receives no foreign support.

The United Arab Emirates recently announced on its official government
website that it has set up an endowment serving as a source of income for
CAIR. The amount of the funding is undisclosed, but sources say it will be
enough to help CAIR finance the construction of a new $24 million office
building and a planned $50 million public-relations campaign aimed at
repairing Islam's -- and the UAE's -- image in America. ...

CAIR -- Washington's biggest Muslim lobbying group -- is quoted in the UAE
statement, but has not released its own statement. It is not commenting
publicly about the size of the endowment or other details.

But the UAE, which formally recognized the Taliban and acted as a launching
point for the 9-11 hijackers, has already taken a nearly $1 million stake in
CAIR's existing headquarters near the U.S. Capitol. As first reported in the
book, Infiltration, Dubai holds the deed to the building. The transaction
took place in 2002, according to local property records.

>From Protein Wisdom
<http://www.proteinwisdom.com/index.php/weblog/entry/20581/>  (HT - LGF):

When is the last time an LGF commenter was arrested for assaulting a Muslim,
or, say, hijacking a jet airplane and flying it into a skyscraper?

If the FBI wants to try sniffing out hate speech, perhaps it should check
out any number of mosques or Islamic centers funded by the Saudis. Because
rumor has it Wahabbism isn't exactly the most ecumenical platter of Islam on
the buffet ...

Joseph Farah has written that CAIR is not what it seems to be, and not what
it pretends to be
<http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=32242> :

It is not a group fighting for equal rights for Muslim-Americans. It is not
a group trying to protect the interests of Muslims in America. It is not a
group promoting human rights for anyone.

It is a group whose real mission is changing the very character of America -
remaking it in the image of the Islamo-fascists who fund them from Saudi
Arabia and elsewhere.

As we wrote back on November 2004
<http://www.hyscience.com/archives/2004/11/lets_say_it_cai.php> , according
to Khalid Duran (who is a Muslim), in an article entitled, "How CAIR Put My
<http://www.meforum.org/article/108/> Life in Peril," published in the
Middle East Forum:

CAIR is the principle front organization of a coalition of Islamist
(fundamentalist Muslim) groups that have taken root in America over the past
two decades. Most are spin-offs of the Islamic Association of Palestine
(IAP), such as the American Muslims for Jerusalem, the Holy Land Foundation,
and the Islamic Institute. These are extreme groups, and some have even come
under federal investigation for alleged support of Middle Eastern terrorism.
But CAIR's mission has differed from the others: its special assignment is
the insinuation of the Islamist agenda into mainstream American politics.
Like the many front organizations established by the Soviet Union in its
heyday, CAIR works to give a "white bread" image to advocates of illiberal
and even radical ideas.

CAIR is run by a duo. The executive director, Nihad Awad, is a Palestinian;
his associate, Ibrahim ("Dougie") Hooper, is an American convert. Awad
actively propagates the cause in Arabic, while Hooper handles most of the
English-language work. To create the perception that CAIR speaks for Islam
in America, the two indefatigably issue position statements on anything
remotely touching on Muslim or Arab affairs, reacting on everything from
U.S. foreign policy to letters in college newspapers.

For the whole scoop on the terrorist front organization CAIR, be sure to
read all of "CAIR: Islamists  <http://www.meforum.org/article/916> Fooling
the Establishment."