http://www.venturacountystar.com/vcs/opinion/
article/0,1375,VCS_125_4934025,00.html
Real questions to ask about Islam
By Dick Holt
August 22, 2006
Re: Frank Moraga's Aug. 11 essay, "Latest lesson in tolerance":
Moraga's essay appears innocuous enough in that we in this nation need to
keep developing our tolerance for others with different skin color,
different ways of life, etc. It would appear normal to have Moraga encourage
visiting Muslim mosques in order to learn more about the Muslim religion and
being able to ask questions of the imam hosting the visitation.
Moraga also took the liberty to quote the Council on American-Islamic
Relations as to their abhorrence of terrorism, indeed the latest on the
planning to destroy airplanes en route between England and the U.S. with
thousands of innocent public being killed by these Islamic terrorists.
Certainly, the council had to say this, for it is trying to put this group
of terrorists in a different religious world than the "law-abiding Muslims
who should not be targeted or singled out because of their faith or national
origin" as stated in the council news release.
In an e-mail I sent Moraga, I endeavored to show him the true Muslim belief
based on the Quran on the "outside Islamic" world, and the direct statements
that any good Muslim must follow and read and believe if he/she is to be a
true believer in the Muslim religion. As for Israel and the Jews, there can
be no argument as to the Islamic position when one of the key leaders, the
president of Iran, comes right out in public and states "the obliteration of
Israel would cure the Middle East's woes." If you were to further examine
the true teachings of Islam with respect to outsiders other than the Jews,
you might find in the Quran that "infidels" are to be exterminated and not
accepted in any way. Who are these "infidels"? Anyone not a member of the
Muslim world.
A close examination of the Muslim standards reveals that there are several
discrepancies in the statements that Moraga included in his article from
Suhel Siddiqui, board member of the Islamic Center of Conejo Valley, who
said "this has nothing to do with promoting religion. It's just about
educating people and answering any questions they have ¿ Our religion gets
blamed every time these lunatics do something. I can't imagine any religion
preaching violence."
Islam is violence. What else has it ever been?
What does the Quran teach is the real issue?
Can a Muslim be a good neighbor or a good friend or a good American?