Doubtful.but everyone wants to be #1!  UK happens to be one of the the
easiest targets because of it's policy of offering refuge to terrorists and
its cluelessness about Islamic terrorism.

Al-Qaeda is NOT your father's IRA.

Bruce

BBC NEWS

UK number one al Qaeda target

Al-Qaeda has become more organised and sophisticated and has made Britain
its top target, counter-terrorism officials have told the BBC.

Security sources say the situation has never been so grim, said BBC home
affairs correspondent Margaret Gilmore.

They believe the network is now operating a cell structure in the UK - like
the IRA did - and sees the 7 July bomb attacks "as just the beginning".

Each cell has a leader, a quartermaster dealing with weapons, and
volunteers.

University worry

According to our correspondent, each cell works on separate, different
plots, with masterminds controlling several different cells.

Training is taking place in the UK and Pakistan.

It was thought that five years ago al-Qaeda was a number of
"loosely-connected organisations" with common aims, but it is now more
organised, she said.

It is no longer about looking for a needle in a haystack
Crispin Black
Security analyst

Security officials are concerned the group is targeting universities and the
community, and are "less worried" about mosques, she added.

However, intelligence analyst Crispin Black said another attack in the UK
"was not inevitable", citing the UK's "considerable successes against the
IRA".

He said the security services had a good idea about who they were dealing
with, saying: "We still have that expertise and training present within our
military forces and intelligence."

"It is no longer about looking for a needle in a haystack. We have some
pretty good clues and information on where we should be looking," he added.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/uk/6065460.stm

Published: 2006/10/19 10:28:23 GMT

C BBC MMVI