http://www.babnet.net/en_detail-2738.asp

WATANIYA INTERNATIONAL AND PALESTINE INVESTMENT FUND PARTNER TO ESTBLISH
NEW MOBILE OPERATOR IN PALESTINE
2006-12-12
Wataniya International and the Palestine Investment Fund (PIF) signed
today a shareholders' agreement to form a new mobile telecommunications
company in Palestine.

Under the shareholder agreement, Wataniya International, the manager of
the operations, will eventually own 40% of the new company, PIF will own
30% and 30% will be offered to the Palestinian public through a public IPO.

"We are proud to partner with the Palestine Investment Fund. Together,
we will build a national asset that will enhance the lives of users,
businesses and investors alike through the provision of communication
services that will deliver high quality customer and employee
experiences," said Faisal Al Ayyar, Chairman of Wataniya International.

"The growth potential of the telecommunications sector in Palestine,
supported by its liberalization and reform, present a highly attractive
business opportunity," said Dr. Mohamed Mustafa, General Manager of the
Palestine Investment Fund. "By being part of the new company, we will
work with our partners at Wataniya International to ensure this sector
optimizes its contribution to the Palestinian economy and delivers to
the level of the expectations of the Palestinian users and investors alike."

In September 2006, the Ministry of Telecommunications and Information
Technology in Palestine (MTIT) awarded Wataniya International, the
company responsible for leading the pursuit of global expansion
opportunities on behalf of the Wataniya Telecom group of mobile
operations, the license to build and operate the second mobile
telecommunication service in Palestine, with a bid of JD 251 million
(Two hundred fifty one million Jordanian Dinars).

Wataniya International and PIF will announce the name of the new company
and the composition of its board in the near future.

"We believe that, with our partners in the country, we can build and
maintain a healthy and sustainable operation while actively contributing
to the growth and welfare of the people in Palestine. We will do that by
being a significant contributor to the building of a strong and
independent Palestinian economy, fuelling Palestinian economic growth
through direct foreign investment, contributing to the advancement of
the information and communication technology sector in Palestine,
investing in the build-up and retention of human capital and by
delivering direct and indirect employment opportunities," ended Al Ayyar.
About Wataniya Telecom
Commercially launched in December 1999, Wataniya Telecom is part of
Kuwait Projects Company (KIPCO), and has been a driving force in
increasing the mobile communications market in Kuwait to more than 90
per cent of the population. Wataniya Telecom is actively expanding its
presence in the region serving more than 8.8 million customers in
countries with a combined total population exceeding 92 million. For
more information, please visit www.wataniyatelecom.com

About Wataniya International
Wataniya International is responsible for leading the pursuit of global
expansion opportunities, as well as leveraging technical, financial and
commercial synergies within the Wataniya Telecom group of mobile operations.

About The Palestine Investment Fund
The Palestine Investment Fund (PIF) was incorporated in 2003 with the
aim of consolidating the assets and investments held for the benefit of
the Palestinian people. The PIF is registered at the Companied
Comptroller as a public shareholding company. The fund is based in
Ramallah and in Gaza City, with regional offices in Amman and Cairo. It
is headed by a nine-member Board of Directors (BOD), with majority
members of prominent Palestinian private sector leaders. PIF serves as
an enabling catalyst for sustainable development in Palestine through
undertaking and partnering in strategic investment projects in the areas
of energy, information and communication technology (ICT), real estate,
tourism, among other areas. PIF is dedicated to transparent and
accountable corporate behavior, and strives to build a pool of top notch
professionals who would become the future leaders of the Palestinian
private sector. PIF aims to act as the sustainable anchor working for
Palestine by investing in viable and strategic projects. All PIF
activities and investment interventions:
- Stimulate sound and sustainable private sector;
- Contribute to enable business environment;
- Promote job creation;
- Generate profitable return for the shareholder;
- Leverage Palestinian human and capital resources;
- Contribute to the process of Palestinian economic independence;
- Act as a key promoter of regional economic interdependence
- Act as a role model for transparent and accountable corporate behavior.

+++