http://www.leftbehindgames.com/pages/controversy.htm

LEFT BEHIND: ETERNAL FORCES
A statement from Left Behind Games Inc.
Troy A. Lyndon, Chief Executive Officer

Recently, much controversy has ensued due to published articles in the
media which discuss the violence in our upcoming game, Left Behind:
Eternal Forces. However, references to "praise the lord and pass the
ammunition" or "kill in the name of God" or others were made by
journalists spreading misinformation, which is absolutely not true. And
for this reason, I have published this statement.

There is no blood or gore in Left Behind: Eternal Forces. The game is
designed to be a classic battle between good and evil, but it does not
gratuitously depict violence or death.

Others are concerned about the pre-trib religious doctrine believed by
the Left Behind authors. Left Behind is not the Bible, it is a fictional
story and accordingly, situations resulting from the stories'
post-apocalyptic time-frame are used to encourage gamers to think about
matters of eternal significance, a topic largely ignored by modern games.

Because our game is a 'strategy' game, never does a player click a key
or press a button to actuate a first-person violent act. Instead,
control is managed by the player in much the same way as an animated
chess game would be when pieces fight for position, except that in
'real-time' strategy games, many pieces fight for position at the same time.

In Left Behind: Eternal Forces, the players' objective is to find
'tribulation clues', which include Bible mysteries, codes and
fascinating and eternally relevant information. In the initial missions,
there is little emphasis on physical warfare and gamers are introduced
to powers of influence which result in a battle for the hearts and minds
of people. As missions progress, there are no 'objectives' to cause war
physically. However, physical warfare results when the player is
required to defend against the physical forces of evil; led by the
Global Community Peacekeepers.

Several months ago, there was a news story with erroneous information
about the game. Unfortunately, some readers accepted the misinformation
as being factual, and then the rumor mill and the blogs were off and
running.

If you hear someone making negative statements about this game, we
encourage you to ask if they have personally reviewed the game. If they
are merely passing on hearsay, it is false and misleading information.

At Left Behind Games, we are dedicated to making great games. Left
Behind: Eternal Forces is coming to the PC and will be released on
October 2006. We believe it will be a great day!

+++